Sunday, March 29, 2015

Just a Little Something I Bought...

I didn't intend it, but Sundays on the blog have become Whatever Day, when I share random things I think you all may like, may find interesting, or may want to try/buy yourself.

For me, Etsy is the new Ebay. I had a bad experience on Ebay with one of those sellers in China and ended up with a product not as described and out of my dough. Since then, I've completely shut down my Ebay and turned to Etsy, where I've had no trouble and I'm supporting small businesses. We all win...except Ebay. LOL

Last week I acquired and shared with you a girl-power tee shirt. This week, I nabbed myself a deaf-power tee shirt from a shop that makes custom tee shirts at a very reasonable price--the most reasonable I could find. (Once again, no, I'm not being paid for this and no, I did not receive a discount. I'm just sharing this because I can.)

And I had this made:


I was able to choose the shirt color and the font.

If you've been following this blog a while or have read my memoir, you'll understand why I chose those words. Though it took me a long time to realize it, it seems other people have a problem with my disability more than I do. I've been denied jobs and all kinds of things, just because I'm deaf.

I've learned to work around it. Why can't others?

That being said, I will confess to wishing I could just go to the movies like other people (the theater near me stopped with open captioning altogether) and I've finally been convinced to check into a cochlear implant in my left year--which doesn't work at all, and when I was talking to my audiologist about the 50, 70k bill that would be involved in the process, I confessed I thought I should get funding from those who disqualified me from my occupation years ago. I said, "They're the ones who have a problem with my hearing loss, who say I can't do my job because of it. They should pay to fix it."

And that was part of the inspiration behind this shirt.

Is there something you'd like to say on a shirt?

The shop I ordered this from is No Sleeves, No Problems and the link to their shop and also to the listing for the custom tee shirt are all above.

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome shirt. Sucks that people discriminate against you

    ReplyDelete