Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Girl Who Can See the Ghosts That Were murdered by a Serial Killer - The Ghost Files by Apryl Baker

I picked up the first book in this series for 3 reasons. One, I just signed with the publisher and I wanted to check out some of their books. Two, it looked different and I needed a little change. Three, it was FREE. Who doesn't like free?

I loved this book. It sucked me in and I had to find out what happened. The heroine of the story, Mattie, is a foster kid who can see ghosts. After a near death experience as a child (her mom tried to kill her by stabbing), she has the ability to see ghosts, but she pretends they aren't there until her foster sister comes to her.

No one wants to believe her when she tells people her sister has been kidnapped because the girl has run away from foster homes before. One adult officer named Dan does believe Mattie, and together they begin to solve the crime of what happened to her foster sister and the other kids that have been coming to her. Turns out, there is a serial killer on the loose.

This is a young adult book and there is no romance in it. There is a lot of suspense, and you'll be flipping the pages to see what comes next. I will say, I had a pretty good idea who the killer was from the beginning. It could be that I'm a writer myself, so I can get into an authors head and know where they are going. The book is being made into a movie and I can see why. The author, Apryl Baker, tells a very good story. Her writing flows well. I will definitely be picking up the next in the series to see what kind of adventure Mattie has next.

Lacey's Rating:



About The Book:

Cherry blossom lipstick: check
Smokey eyes: check
Skinny jeans: check
Dead kid in the mirror: check

For sixteen year old Mattie Hathaway, this is her normal everyday routine. She’s been able to see ghosts since her mother tried to murder her when she was five years old. No way does she want anyone to know she can talk to spooks. Being a foster kid is hard enough without being labeled a freak too.

Normally, she just ignores the ghosts and they go away. That is until she see’s the ghost of her foster sister… Sally.

Everyone thinks Sally’s just another runaway, but Mattie knows the truth—she’s dead. Murdered. Mattie feels like she has to help Sally, but she can’t do it alone. Against her better judgment, she teams up with a young policeman, Officer Dan, and together they set out to discover the real truth behind Sally’s disappearance.

Only to find out she’s dealing with a much bigger problem, a serial killer, and she may be the next victim…

Will Mattie be able to find out the truth before the killer finds her?

No comments:

Post a Comment