Monday, May 30, 2011

Effie at the Wedding by Tracy Marchini

Effie At The WeddingThis is a very short, cute read. It's simply 13 full pages of a girl, Effie, and how she feels about her older sister getting married, her awful pink dress, and how she ends up locked in the bathroom at her sister's wedding. Effie has a weight problem, no boyfriend, and loves making little lists in her head. 

Was it hysterical as the blurb promised? No. I didn't laugh out loud or fall on the floor or held get a stomach ache from laughing, but I did think it was cute. 


The #1 reason Effie feels her sister should not marry George: "I will never be able to bring a boyfriend home without him also being a good-looking well-mannered doctor. Which means that I am going to be single for the rest of my life, while my sister and her husband make lots of good-looking doctor babies. I will have lots of cats."


Ms. Marchini has a good writer's voice I think Effie has the potential to become a cute YA novel. Four stars.


I was sent this in ebook format from the author.


No comments:

Post a Comment